Monday, July 2, 2012

Progress Report #4

Well, this was a slow month for me. Between visiting NJ and only eating comfort foods.... to coming back home and spending 2 1/2 weeks eating pretty much NO food.... to basically having a 5 day long Birthday celebration, during which I only ate my favorite foods.... this didn't leave a lot of time for conquering yucky things! But I did make some headway. Here's where I stand, 4 months in...

Conquered!

* Raw Onions
* Tonic Water
* Tabbouleh
* White Wine
* Endive
* Parsnips
* Kohlrabi
* Lamb's Quarters
* Root Beer
* Sauerkraut
* Mustard
* Baba Ghanoush
* Taro Chips
* Daikon
* Radishes
* Earl Grey Tea
* Pickled Ginger
* Broccoli Rabe
* Onion Rings
* Poutine
* "Everything" Pretzel Slims
* Beer, dark
* Grapefruit Juice, when served in a cocktail that includes sweet ingredients
* Radicchio
* Bloody Mary
* Sparkling Water
* Dark 'n Stormy
* Lemongrass
* Reuben Sandwich
* Chai 
* Kimchi
* Farro
* Grapefruit
* Raw Foods (ok, which I mostly disqualified for being Health Food For Neurotic Weirdos, but I count it as conquered because I was actually brave enough to eat it!)
* Turnips
* Mineral Water
* Herbal Tea

Works in Progress...

* Seaweed Snacks
* Beer, light
* Mole
* Cranberry Juice
* Champagne
* Kombucha Disqualified from the competition for being health food!
* Sea vegetables
* Ginger Beer
* Baklava
* Chocolate with Spicy stuff in it
* Floral Flavored Foods
* Flavored Water
* "Jerk" style food
* "Blackened" style food

Haven't Gotten Around To.... Yet.

* Green Tea Flavored Treats
* Tiramisu
* Spaghetti Squash
* Brazilian Food


Anyway, not too shabby!

July is going to be a bit of an off month as well, alas. But I am going away on my EXOTIC SUMMER VACATION on Thursday! I will tell you were I am going later.... I need to have SOME kind of suspense in this blog! :-) But I will tell you that the place I am going seems to be a perfect location for me to really devote some serious energy to conquering one of my most hated things. So, I'm going to go really wild with this thing while I am away... and I will do my best to report to you doing my vacation!
Hubby and I are very excited about our upcoming exotic vacation!
That's all from me for now. Remember to eat something you hate today! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment