Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Strange Cravings Have Found Me

I don't have any new foods that I have conquered this week. Mostly, because I have just a few things left on my list! And I haven't had any reason to pop open some champagne.... and I am still afraid to buy more seaweed snacks.... I *do* have some big Yucky Food plans for Saturday night, but in the meantime, let me tell you about my Strange Craving for today.

My husband has pontificated that there are a few levels of learning to like a food you used to think you hated. First, you get over yourself, you find you can tolerate it just fine, you accept with without objection when it is thrust upon you, you maybe even see why people consider it to be a delicious food. But then, there is Level 2, which is how you know you REALLY have embraced it: You find yourself craving that food.

During the course of this project, this has happened to me a few notable times. First, with sauerkraut. Almost instantly, that food which I thought I hated took a hold on me, and I fell madly in love. And I have since spent huge portions of my time craving it. Remember the 2 or 3 weeks in June when I though about nothing else but eating another Vegan Reuben? And then there was my Exotic Vacation in Wisconsin, which was my Beer Quest.... by the last day, I surprised myself by actually craving a nice cold pint of draft beer. But today, another one showed up... something I haven't had for a couple of months... but there was the craving for it, and I thought about it pretty much all day long....

What what?




I mean, are you kidding me? It's been 4 months since I had my Musso and Frank Gin & Tonic! And I was left with a feeling of, "OK, I understand why people like this. It was just fine. I liked it a little. Carry on." But I am not kidding that I spent this ENTIRE DAY longing for a Gin and Tonic! So much so that my dutiful husband ran to the liquor store near our house and got me some tonic water, so I could make one. Which I did! And I just enjoyed very much. Heck, I may stop writing and make another, I liked it so much.

Here I am, reaching for some Morr-ison gin & tonic
I swear, sometimes, I don't know who I am anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment