Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sickie Quickie

I'm not feeling very well today, which may put a damper on my shocking and radical plans for St. Patrick's Day! If so, I'll make up for that next week. I'm about 1/3 Irish, so any day can be St. Patrick's Day for me! :-)

I braved the rain and tried to swallow my sickness for long enough to do the grocery shopping. It's a blur to me, and at the moment, I can't actually remember all of the Weird Things I bought, but I do know they included endive, a pink grapefruit, another kind of Root Beer, and a variety of *beer* beers.

Finally, I made Potato and Root Vegetable Mashers last night, which included turnips. I liked it. Hubby liked it too, even though it had his hated sweet potatoes in it. Next time, I'll make something with turnips that doesn't disguise them so completely. I also ate cranberry sauce with my dinner, and discovered that I like that too. Who knew?

OK, back to bed with my sick self!

No comments:

Post a Comment