Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Little Appdate

As I stated before, my recent trip east threw me off track in my quest. Rest assured, I have some big plans for myself over the next couple of weeks! Since my primary focus needs to be on getting rid of as much food in my house as possible before the extermination, I'm probably going to concentrate a bit more on beverages for a little bit. I don't want to bring a lot of new food items into the house before I have to clear everything out of my kitchen for the dreaded tenting! So, I have lots of awful ideas involving beer, grapefruit juice, tomato juice and even (brace yourself!), the 1 liquor I am too snobby to drink: vodka.

Another reason why I will focus on drinks is that I need to have a little bit of a food detox after what happened to me in NJ. I may have been a bit tipsy when I typed it the other night, but my feelings of being "disgusting and huge" were accurate! When you are used to eating a very healthy diet, chock full o' kale and salads, and basically no junk food, it's amazing what a shock to your system is it when you go just a little bit wild! It was a mere 28 hour window of my trip that did me in. During that feasting period, I ate a big plate of pierogies, 2 bourbon cocktails, several (ok, many) handfuls of Utz Potato Chips, a platter of penne with olive oil, garlic and broccoli (at least I got one green veggie in me!), half of The Biggest Vegan Chicken Parm Sandwich in the History of Sandwiches and a 500 calorie cookie. No wonder the next day, I just ate through one nice green leaf, and I felt much better! I'm gonna do more salads this week.... many more! 
This is me by the end of the "Mad Men" premiere.

 


This is me when I woke up the next morning.
 


My only other news at the moment is about my beloved Recipe App! I'm still at it, and have entered about 800 recipes in it. My poor husband has barely been able to pry the damn iPad out of my hands so he can play a little Angry Birds! But the good news is I finally figured out how to add custom categories! At last, I can classify recipes in new and handy ways..... Sandwiches / Burgers, Dips, Asian, Soul Food, Indian, Middle Eastern, Comfort Food, Italian, Tapas, Tropical and Slow Cooker! Now, the unhealthy obsession fun really starts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment