Saturday, March 31, 2012

Roll Out The Barrel!

Friends, I have some very exciting news! Last night, 2 monumental events in a woman's life finally happened to me. For the first time in my entire life, at age 38 years and 276 days, I drank an entire bottle of beer! And not only that, it was the very first time that I ever EVER drank beer at a party! Yes, I realize that I accomplished this a good quarter century later in life than your average lady does! I skipped right over Keggers With Kids and jumped directly into Quaffs With Quadragenarians!
Hubby made a painting of me to immortalize the big event!
I had a 1554 Enlightened Black Ale. I didn't like it as much as the Guinness, but it was definitely better than all of the other beers I have tried. My husband also drank an entire can of beer, all by himself, like a big boy! His was a Boddingtons. He waffled on it a little bit, but I think he decided that he basically liked it. So, watch out, people! If you invite Hubby and me to your parties now, you can bet your ass we will leave you with only 97 bottles of beer on your wall!!!
Things got a little wild at that party! I stood in the back and watched, awkwardly.


In addition to the copious amount of beer guzzling I did, I am also proud to tell you that I followed the directions of our hostess, and I put some raw onions upon the vegan Sloppy Joe I was presented with. And it was fine. So, I'm going to go ahead and declare that I have defeated raw onions! Funny. Going into this, I assumed that raw onions would be the toughest thing for me to eat, but they were pretty easy to deal with. It's the beer, cranberry juice and grapefruit that have really been the big challenges for me!

Anyway, I finally got myself back on track and did some shopping today. My beloved recipe app helped me choose selections that would help to use up a lot of the food that I want to get rid of before the tenting. But I was still able to pick up a large quantity of Weird Things! This week's undesirables are:

* 1 Package of Seaweed Snacks
* 1 Bottle of Tomato Juice
* 1 Bottle of Red Grapefruit Juice
* 1 Cara Cara Orange
* 1 Bag of "Everything" Pretzel Slims
* 1 Bulb(?) of Kolhrabi
* 1 Bunch of Broccoli Rabe
* 1 Bottle of Mineral Water
* 1 Bunch of Radishes
* 3 Bottles of Various Beers

And I'm gonna knock your socks off with some of the things I plan to do with some of these edibles!

4 comments:

  1. I feel honored to be at the first beer party drinking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck, not only were you there, but you supplied the monumental beer! Not to mention the raw onions! :-)

      Delete
  2. As much as I try very hard to like beer, I can never get past one sip! This post gives me hope =D

    Stopping by from Jacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until I started on this project, I had never gotten past one sip either! I guess you really have to force it upon yourself to start acquiring the taste? I still can't say I like the taste, but it's definitely getting easier to drink. I'm still shocked I was able to drink that whole bottle, and not be making gargoyle faces the whole time!

      Delete