Saturday, September 1, 2012

Progress Report #6

Here I am, 6 months in. Admittedly, August was a slow month for me. Only 1 new thing conquered. :-/ Still, I am proud of how far I have come so far!

Conquered!

* Raw Onions
* Tonic Water
* Tabbouleh
* White Wine
* Endive
* Parsnips
* Kohlrabi
* Lamb's Quarters
* Root Beer
* Sauerkraut
* Mustard
* Baba Ghanoush
* Taro Chips
* Daikon
* Radishes
* Earl Grey Tea
* Pickled Ginger
* Broccoli Rabe
* Onion Rings
* Poutine
* "Everything" Pretzel Slims
* Grapefruit Juice, when served in a cocktail that includes sweet ingredients
* Radicchio
* Bloody Mary
* Sparkling Water
* Dark 'n Stormy
* Lemongrass
* Reuben Sandwich
* Chai 
* Kimchi
* "Everything" Bagels
* Farro
* Grapefruit
* Raw Foods (ok, which I mostly disqualified for being Health Food For Neurotic Weirdos, but I count it as conquered because I was actually brave enough to eat it!)
* Turnips
* Mineral Water
* Herbal Tea
* Beer, of all varieties!
* Ginger Beer
* "Jerk" style food
* "Blackened" food
* Flavored Water
* Tiramisu
* Brazilian Food
* Aquavit
* Aperol
* Hot Dog with "the works"... mustard, ketchup and relish
* Mole

Works in Progress...

* Seaweed Snacks
* Cranberry Juice
* Champagne
* Kombucha Disqualified from the competition for being health food!
* Sea vegetables
* Baklava
* Chocolate with Spicy stuff in it
* Floral Flavored Foods

Haven't Gotten Around To.... Yet.

* Green Tea Flavored Treats
* Spaghetti Squash

Anyway, I have been true to my word. I've eaten a Seaweed Snack almost every day (I missed maybe 2 days over the past 8 days). I still hate them, but they are going down a little more easily. I am happy to report I don't gag on them anymore, which is a step in the right direction. But I still can't choke one down without making a horrible face. One day, I will do that!
Just looking at this picture makes me feel funny inside, and quite disgusted. What is wrong with this young child that she would willingly eat something so nasty?!?
I also have a bottle of cranberry juice, just waiting to be opened and consumed..... as well as a bottle of nice champagne! Hubby and I missed a couple of opportunities to bust open a bottle of champagne last month, so maybe this month, we'll break it out for no reason in particular!

No comments:

Post a Comment